- Sedna Energy Savings Calculator
- US National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA): The Consumer Guide to Choosing Energy Efficient Lighting
- Digital Lumens Energy Savings Calculator
This Energy Savings Calculator shows you the energy savings potential when you upgrade to a Digital Lumens Intelligent Lighting System. Simply enter basic information about your facility and press "Submit" to see how much money you could save over the next 5 years.
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility and federal incentives and policies that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency. Established in 1995 and funded by the U.S. Department of Energy, DSIRE is an ongoing project of the N.C. Solar Center and the Interstate Renewable Energy Council.
- National Lighting Bureau (NLB)
The National Lighting Bureau (NLB) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1976 to educate lighting decision-makers about the benefits of High-Benefit Lighting®. The NLB is sponsored by professional societies, trade associations, manufacturers, utilities, and agencies of the federal government.
- Architectural Lighting Online
Online and print magazine for architectural lighting professionals.
- Energy Star Residential LED Lighting Program
LED lighting is a rapidly evolving technology that produces light in a whole new way. It is already beginning to surpass the quality and efficiency of existing lighting technologies, such as fluorescent and incandescent — but not all LED lighting is created equal.
The ENERGY STAR is awarded to select fixture types that meet strict efficiency and performance criteria.
- Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) Designlights™ Consortium Solid State Lighting Qualified Products List
The qualified products list is a resource for program administrators, to help them decide which solid state lighting products to include in their energy efficiency promotions. Their primary reference tool for SSLs is ENERGY STAR, however the regional list fills in gaps in categories which ENERGY STAR does not include. DOE’s ENERGY STAR team is working in cooperation with DLC in developing the Qualified Products List (QPL) and procedures. The sponsors expect the products from their QPL will event...
- DOE CALiPER LED Lighting Testing Program Site
The DOE CALiPER program supports testing of a wide array of SSL products available for general illumination, using industry-approved test procedures. This testing is done to encourage improvements in LED lighting design.
- LED Light Bulb Reviews on EcoHuddle
User reviews of replacement/retrofit LED bulbs.
- Lunera LED Lighting Payback Calculator
Lunera's Payback Calculator is intended to provide a rough estimate for the payback from replacing standard commercial lighting with their LED grid or suspended lighting.
- ENLIGHTER, Lighting Design and Light Art Magazine
A resource for lighting art and design. Not specific to SSL, but expect to see an increasing amount of LED lighting related content. We expect high brightness LEDs to enable a revolution in artistic lighting design.
- Department of Energy (DOE) Solid-State Lighting Home Page
Home page for DOE's SSL education and market growth efforts.
- NC Solar Center Presentation: LED Lighting For General Illumination
Good overview of LED based general illumination. Covers technology, markets, and applications.